If you are a free-spirited adrenaline rush chaser this hiking path is a must. It is an easy to moderate hike. But just don’t look down if you have Acrophobia. El Caminito del Rey (The King’s Little Path) is one of the most famous hiking paths in Spain. It is not dangerous but was known in the past as the world’s most dangerous walkway following 5 deaths in 1999 and 2000. The 7.7km long stretch of platforms, narrow ledges and high bridges hike has been restored, and the hanging path is now safe. El Caminito opened its doors in 2015 after being closed for 15 years.
- Book a small tour group which includes the lunch. Well worth it. https://www.viator.com/tours/Malaga/Caminito-del-Rey-Shared-8-Hour-Tour-from-Malaga/d956-2140P207
- Start at the earliest schedule of the tour, it gets really hot in the afternoon.
- Bring the following items: water, snacks, sunblock, light jacket if you are planning to go early in the morning
- Make sure you check out the El Caminito website: https://www.caminitodelrey.info/en for the park’s rules, regulations, parking information.
- If you have fear of heights then DONT- once you get to the pathways there is no turning back. The paths are one way.If panic attack strikes- ambulance is waiting at the end of the bridge.
We hiked through the cliffs, canyons, and valleys.